Skip to main content

I Wrote a Psychological Thriller. Yes, You’re on the Right Blog.

 If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you may have just done a double take. The Ovulation Murders? On a parenting blog? 

Yes. You’re in the right place.

Since 2010, I’ve been writing about parenting, children, behavior, cooperation, discipline, communication, and the sometimes-messy business of raising human beings. I’ve taught parenting classes, coached parents, written books about raising cooperative children, hosted radio and television programs, produced podcasts, and written hundreds of articles intended to make family life just a little easier.

So I completely understand if seeing a psychological thriller called The Ovulation Murders pop up here seems a little… unexpected. But there’s another side of my writing that many of my longtime readers may not know about. I’ve Always Been Fascinated by Human Behavior

book promotion
Long before I began teaching parenting, I studied psychology. What has fascinated me throughout my
adult life is a deceptively simple question: Why do people do what they do? That question became central to my work with parents. Why is a child behaving this way?  What is happening beneath the behavior? What does someone believe, fear, need, or want that causes them to respond the way they do?

But those same questions can lead a writer into much darker territory. What happens when someone's behavior becomes unpredictable? What happens when love, attraction, fear, confusion, and obsession become tangled together? And what happens when the person you think you know suddenly becomes someone you don't recognize?

Those questions eventually helped inspire my newest book, The Ovulation Murders: A Deadly Love Story. It's based on a rare but real disorder. And no, this one definitely isn't a parenting book, although the main character is a parent coach. While getting my degree in clinical psychology, I found myself focusing more on the segment of Abnormal Psychology... why some people do bad things.

From Parent Coach to Psychological Thriller Author

Writing fiction gave me an opportunity to explore human behavior in an entirely different way. Instead of explaining behavior, I could create characters and let readers experience it. Instead of offering solutions, I could create questions. Instead of helping readers make sense of someone's actions, I could occasionally leave them thinking: What on earth is she going to do next?

The Ovulation Murders grew from a mixture of imagination, my longtime fascination with abnormal human behavior, and pieces of lived experience that stayed with me for years. The result is a psychological thriller about attraction, confusion, recurring patterns, and what can happen when someone keeps trying to make sense of behavior that doesn't seem to make sense at all.

It's darker than anything I've written before. A LOT darker. But I'm incredibly excited to finally share it.

And I’m Giving Away Kindle Copies!

Goodreads Book Giveaway

The Ovulation Murders by Bill Corbett

The Ovulation Murders

by Bill Corbett

Giveaway ends September 19, 2026.

See the giveaway details at Goodreads.

Enter Giveaway

To celebrate the release of The Ovulation Murders, I'm holding a Goodreads Giveaway, where readers can enter for a chance to win a Kindle copy of the book. If psychological thrillers, complicated characters, disturbing behavior, mystery, and plenty of "what happens next?" are your kind of reading, I'd love for you to enter.

And if thrillers aren't your thing, that's perfectly fine too. I'll still be here writing about parenting, children, behavior, communication, and family life just as I have since 2010. I'm not leaving the parenting world. I'm simply adding another bookshelf.

In fact, maybe that's one of the nice things about reaching this stage of life. We don't have to remain only the person we've been known as. We can explore something new. We can dust off an old interest. We can create something completely unexpected.

Even after spending more than a decade writing about raising cooperative kids. Apparently, we can also write about murder. Who knew?

Thank you to everyone who has read my articles, listened to my programs, bought my parenting books, shared my work, or followed me during all these years. You've helped give my words an audience, and I don't take that for granted. Now I'm inviting you to see a very different side of my writing.

Welcome to The Ovulation Murders: Book One. It'll have you unable to wait for the next one!

About Bill Corbett

Bill Corbett is an award-winning author, writer, publisher, podcaster, and longtime student of human behavior. With a background in psychology, he has spent more than 15 years helping parents better understand why children—and adults—do the things they do.

His books and articles on parenting, communication, and human behavior have reached readers around the world. Now, Bill is taking his fascination with the human mind in a decidedly darker direction with his psychological thriller, The Ovulation Murders: A Deadly Love Story.

Bill is the father of three grown children, grandfather of six, and great-grandfather of two. When he isn't writing about raising cooperative children, he's apparently figuring out how fictional people might get away with murder.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

About Me

My photo
Bill Corbett
Bill Corbett is a nationally recognized parent educator, author, and speaker known for his practical and compassionate approach to raising children. He has helped countless parents, caregivers, and professionals better understand child behavior and discipline through his workshops, seminars, books, and media appearances. As the creator of the "Love, Limits & Lessons" parenting program, Corbett emphasizes respectful and effective communication, age-appropriate expectations, and the importance of emotional connection in child-rearing. His work is grounded in positive discipline strategies that foster cooperation and confidence in both children and parents.

Popular posts from this blog

The Fun Way of Getting Kids to Pick Up Their Toys Without Nagging

  AKA :  The Secret Loving Hand Technique Every parent knows the pain of stepping on a Lego at two in the morning — that sharp, unforgettable reminder that the kids didn’t clean up again. We’ve all been there, asking (or begging) our children to put their toys away, only to find the same mess waiting later. But what if there were a calmer, more loving way to teach kids responsibility — one that doesn’t involve nagging, yelling, or power struggles? Over the years, I discovered one of the most effective and heart-centered methods I’ve ever used. I call it the Loving Hand Technique , and it’s all about connection, agreement, and gentle follow-through. (If you'd rather listen to the podcast version of this blog post, CLICK THIS LINK now. You can also watch the video version on Youtube by CLICKING HERE .) 1. The Two Types of Toys (and Why It Matters) When it comes to toy clutter, not all toys are created equal. I like to think of them as two types: Big, Bulky Toys These ar...

Why Love and Logic has it Wrong... Again!

Children don’t often demonstrate respect because they either don’t know what it looks like or, as the Father of Individual Psychology, Alfred Adler taught us, their disrespectful behavior is their way of attempting to get unmet needs satisfied.  The secret to getting kids to treat their parents and others with respect is to first treat them with respect and to then help them find their place in the family or the classroom.  But the creators of the LOVE AND LOGIC parenting program would have you believe differently.  All parenting programs are not created equal and in my opinion, many are misguided and offer parents and teachers bad information.  It is my belief that we should not just be demanding and manipulating our kids to be more cooperative, we should be raising children who WANT to cooperate and be engaged in the family or classroom because they feel encouraged to do so. HOW TO STOP KIDS' BEGGING FOR TOYS One of those programs that frequently offers...

Why Gratitude Matters and How to Instill it in Children

Many parents and teachers strive to teach children to explore with their hands, hearts, and minds, to notice, reflect, and find joy in meaningful moments. Christmas offers the perfect opportunity to extend that philosophy beyond the classroom and into the realm of gratitude. Why Gratitude Matters Gratitude helps children recognize abundance, not in things, but in relationships, experiences, and acts of kindness. When children pause to reflect on what they’re thankful for, a warm home, a caring friend, a teacher’s encouragement, they begin to see life through a lens of appreciation rather than expectation. This mindset builds emotional resilience, empathy, and self-awareness, qualities that many parents and educators strive to nurture daily. Gratitude teaches children that joy isn’t something we wait to receive; it’s something we practice. Christmas as a Season of Reflection Amid the excitement of lights, presents, and parties, children benefit from gentle, daily moments of reflection. ...